Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Awesome Cover



This is Laura Lea, and her cover band rocks. I heard her play at a bar called Starboard in Dewey Beach. Her voice was awesome, she could sing anything from Metallica to Taylor Swift to Rage Against the Machine (my request) and rocked everyone's face off.

On a side note- I always made fun of chicks who sweat the guitarists of bands that are "adequate-looking: at best, but after seeing Laura Lea live I'm not going to bring that up again. I met her in person next to some beer pong tables at the bar. That's when I requested Sleep Now in the Fire, which she couldn't do because it was "too hard core" but we settled on Bulls on Parade. She was cute up close but on stage, she gets a rank upgrade to bad. Anyway, they sometimes venture into Jersey and if there's any chance you can catch them, make the effort.

5 comments:

Sally-Sal said...

She looks badass.

And beer pong tables? Equally badass.

Im Just Serious said...

Haha- yea, they had two set up with $2 bottles to fill them up, can't beat that.

Sally-Sal said...

I love beer pong. At first, I remember to wash the balls, but after a few rounds, a little dirt in the beer doesn't even phase me.

Im Just Serious said...

There's a joke in there Sally but I just can't put my balls- er, finger on it!

Sally-Sal said...

I'll help you with that.

"Sally, shut yer ball washer!"