Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Movie Review: Notorious


Yea, I guess this movie was all right- er, I mean aigh't. But I have to admit I was a little disappointed. This movie could have been pretty good if PUFFY AND BIG'S MOM DIDN'T PRODUCE IT!!! It would be like me writing an autobiography and asking that I'm played by Orlando Bloom. Come on!

How far far off is it? I can't say for sure but after talking to a couple of friends that are pretty close to hip hop artists and producers, I can't believe much of the story. Apparently, Puff ripped off Biggie, royally. BIG was the entire talent and Puff pocketed all his dough. Also, in the movie, everyone in Bad Boy's family is a saint and Puff continuously says "let's change the world!" Ummm, can Christopher Wallace solve the oil crisis? Is he going to somehow stop the pirates in Afica from stealing cargo ships? No? Oh, that's right- he's going to make music about the ghetto for white kids in college to dance to... Not quite Nelson Mandela but close.

And I'm sorry, I find it hard to believe Lil' Kim was a business woman (as portrayed in this movie). I pretty sure she was just a Ho.

But there were two very notable bright spots. First, Jamal Woolard, who played Biggie was phenominal. It was not only an exact likeness, the voice was earily similar. Excellent job. Second, they did a great job of showing us how songs were created from there everday lives. Maybe a friend constantly said a certain phrase or when two people were fighting lyrics from a popular song would be shouted... it was a subtle touch that real fans would definately appreciate.

Verdict: 6.5 Dancing Diddy's (out of 10)

1 comment:

Brian said...

I could have told you the synopsis of this movie: fat guy wheezes a lot then dies.