Monday, January 26, 2009

SKI SKI SKI

A couple weeks ago, I got invited on a ski trip at Hunter Mountain. I was a little hesitant because I'm not really that good a skier. Yea, I learned to ski about the same time I learned to walk but stopped when I was ten and didn't start again until 3 years ago. I decided to go and had a BLAST! We all got to Hunter around 8:30 before the lifts opened, had a little breakfast, then put on our game faces. The reason I mentioning all this was because I had never been skiing so early, but now that I have, I'll never do anything else. We were able to shred all day and the best part was that it being a Monday- there was no one else on the mountain. We would bomb down the mountain and ski right into the quad lift and up we went. I didn't wait for more than 15 seconds for a lift all day. And we got one of the last chairs up at the end of the day, so we got to go down the mountain to an audience. All an all, I did well. I did every run, except for one double black, but I did do another double and all the single blacks at least 4 times. It definitely helped to be with a group that knows what their doing and can shred. Thanks to Mia, for not taking "no" for an answer. Thanks.





P.S. My favorite run is the WAY OUT and DROP OFF. They both had the razor sharp turns that if your flying down and really lean into you edges you bombing around the corner with your ear touching the ground. Was it necessary to take that turn that fast? No, but then again most fun things in life are completely unnecessary. Grip 'n Rip. I'm just serious.

No comments: