Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ewwww- A L-O-V-E Post

If you love someone, tell them "I know you love me."

Here's the thing...

The funny thing about funerals and wakes is that they aren't for the dead. They're fucking dead, so I highly doubt they give a shit that the Tannenbaum's sent flowers. Funerals are for the living, so they can cope with the fact that this person that they cared about is gone- not coming back.

I'm not some funeral director, so I'm not going to act like I'm surrounded by death- but think about it. If you've ever had someone close to you pass away, what is the ONE thing we all wish for? We just wish we had one chance to tell that person that we loved them. We always want that one thing that we can't have now. Why? The person you cared about is dead- they don't care what the last thing you told them was. The last thing you could have said to them might have been "If only Brad hadn't met Angelina, we'd all be better off." LOL, what the fuck! It wouldn't matter to them at all if that dipshit stayed with Jennifer Anniston, although it would spare me the thought of her sleeping with that John Mayer douche bag.

But I digress... I'm just saying that if you actually love someone who loves you in return, tell them that you know how much they care about you because you telling them that you love them is great- as long as your alive. Once you die, that person is left with an empty feeling that can be filled, or at least not as empty, if they could just tell themselves that you knew that you were so important in their lives that they would do anything to spend just one more day with you. It would give someone you love closure, which is what we all look for in a time of despair and grief.

LOL, this is not a morbid post. This should be the exact opposite. Is it morbid when a couple take out life insurance to make sure their children are protected in case of an accident? This isn't a "you might die at anytime" post. It's just a reminder that life, anyway you slice it, is short. And there's nothing wrong with sharing love with those around you- I'm just trying to throw a different twist on it.

Telling someone you love them is for you. Telling someone you know they love you- well, that's the most selfless thing you can say.

1 comment:

Brian said...

YO, you totally stole my idea man, I agree 100%...you're dead, you don't give a shit, what you really feel bad about is alllllll those people that have to go on living without you around, I feel bad for the living.