Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mets-Phils

Kudos to the Philly fans for coming out in full force Friday night. As much shit as I give them, and trust me, it's a lot, I'll give credit where credit is due. There were a ton of douche bags out at Shea- most of them wearing red.

First off, there was Scott and Mark. I don't think they were boyfriend and boyfriend, but based on their Philly hats, I suspect they've experimented with balls on their chin. There were some cute chicks behind us wearing red, but they were chicks, so I'll let that slide.

Onto the game... the Mets forgot how to hit. That about sums it up. Brett Myers was OK, but not lights out. We couldn't hit in the clutch or with the bases loaded for that matter... I'm over it.

The real action was in the stands, as we all did a great job of getting shit faced. And at $8 a beer, that is quite an achievement. We did a pretty good job a hazing the Philly fans around us. I couldn't really think of anything more than questioning their sexuality, but I questioned it often and loudly. Dre kept screaming "when you're Wright, you're never wrong." I guess we knew he was joking, but I'm sure in Philly, somewhere, there are people talking about this Dominican who was on D. Wright's nuts all night. Ed. note: Andres Villalabos is actually Mexican

Besides the Met game, I got a Coach messenger bag on Friday. Interesting? Not really- but I thought I'd just mention it as I'm not sure if I want to rock a murse. It's a hot murse, but a murse nontheless. I guess for 50% off, I should keep it, but I'm on the fence.

Good start for my fantasy Football team. McNabb looks like he's back; Westbrook is a beast and Megatron is the truth(I heart Megatron)... stay tuned. My baseball team, even though I destroyed the league by 20 games during the regular season, isn't looking so hot for the second round of the playoffs this week. I won't get into the details, but I'm playing my nemesis and don't like my matchup. I just lost the 6th ranked player in league and I have no 2-start pitchers going next week. Both ominous signs...

Lastly, I'm just gonna wrap this up with an observation about beer stands at Shea. They have one Sam Adams stand in the whole place and there was a line about a mile long for it. It was me (rocking a dope, rare, Jose Reyes jersey) and like 15 other Met fans. Cleary Met fans know beer. Walking back to my seat I noticed the Bud Light stand filled with pseudo Met fans (you know... wearing John Franco jerseys) and Philly fans (you know... wearing skirts). As I walked by some red-wearing, communist yells at me (as the Mets were about to lose) "we're only two games back!" My response? "Exactly..." When you're Wright, you're never wrong.

I'm just serious.

No comments: