Thursday, September 25, 2008

You're not better than me, Cerrone!

One of my favorite blogs, Metsblog, has completely pissed me off. This blog used to be a place where you could get news and updates about the Mets and commentary from a fans perspective. Well, ever since they got bought by SNY, they have become complete sell outs. They report breaking news about the Mets, which is fine, but I can get that from ESPN or any other media outlet. The only commentary they do now is such condescending horse-shit that I literally get so incensed I want to grab Matthew Cerrone by his scrawny neck and baby shake him.

They chastise fans for booing? Who the fuck are you to tell me that I shouldn't boo. I paid for these overpriced tickets, these overpriced beers and this overpriced jersey I'm wearing- and your going to act all high and mighty on me? Guess what, douche bag? I'm the reason that this team can afford a $135 million payroll. I'm the reason why Omar Minaya is getting a four year contract extension. And I'm the reason why you even make a living from your Metsblog site. If you don't boo, that's fine, but don't wax poetic to me like you're a better fan than me.

Let me ask you a question. If the bases are loaded with zero outs and we can't get one run in, do you cheer? No, of course you don't. So if you don't cheer... and you don't boo... what the fuck do you do? Sit there like a stump? Well, sometimes silence says a lot more than booing. If we ever get to the point where the fans stop booing, then we're all in trouble because that means the fans have stopped caring.

Matt Cerrone: Stop sucking on the coporate teet and remember what got you here! I'm just serious.

No comments: