Monday, October 6, 2008

Awkward situations #81

If we were any closer, you'd be pissing in my ass!

The other day as I was leaving work with a coworker, I came across this awkward situation-it has nothing to do with the above picture.

As we anticipated walking apart and heading our separate ways, we said goodbye. The thing is I was headed towards the bar and Barles Chinanti ( he doesn't want me to use his real name) was headed to Scores. Well, we still had about 200 more feet to walk until I got to the bar and walked across the street. So we continued walking next to each other... but we didn't speak. I mean, we had already said goodbye so any convo worth starting would have to be short and pointless so you could say bye again without it getting awkward. There's no way Barles says "ok, bye" and my convo starter is "so... I ever tell you about that time I met Meaghan Fox and she said that she wanted to fuck you? No? OK, well you gotta go so I'll catch up with you Monday." I think he'd want to finish that one- but we did say goodbye already and I don't like long awkward goodbyes, so we just split like a fat man's pants. My suggestion, if you find yourself in this situation in the future, is to make it a habit of responding to "later" by saying "go fist yourself, Gaylord."

No comments: