Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Breaking news! I'm an asshole???

LOL, so after making some small talk, my friend Katherine says "Well, you can be nice when you want to be." This is the exact kind of thing that completely incenses me. I've known Kat for a while and I would think that she would know me pretty well by now- I responded to her, "No, I can be an asshole when I want. There's a difference."

I know I don't really show that side to a lot of people but I think I'm a pretty good person, actually. I think people mistake my abruptness for rudeness but I'm the definition of not sugar coating anything. I'm not trying to say I'm more enlightened than other people but I just say want everyone else is thinking in an effort to confront the problem, while other people keep it to themselves or whisper about it behind close doors. But guess what? That doesn't get rid of the 300 pound gorilla in the room. Anyway, I just felt like posting about that little exchange. And to quote Tucker Max, "if they can't take a joke, fuck 'em".

No comments: