Thursday, October 16, 2008

You think you're funny- I think you're rude

You are slightly more annoying than this kid

I know I'm just opening up myself for people to do this more to me, but here it goes... "Why don't you do some work :) "

Notice how I put the smiley face to indicate that this annoying douche was joking. Keep in mind they generally say this when I'm talking to other people or working on my blog. There's two reason's why this annoys the shit out of me. First, is that I am probably not doing any work whatsoever, but that is irrelevant. You probably aren't doing shit either, that is why it's so easy for you to acknowledge that I too, am doing shit. But instead of keeping your mouth shut, you announce to anyone within earshot that we are two expendable employees and this company can save $16,476.14 a year by firing both of us.

The second reason this bothers me is that you just ruined whatever conversation I was just having because you wanted to be funny. But you are not funny, you are rude. Maybe it's not that the person wanted to be funny but they wanted to get involved. Now, this I understand completely. You're probably sitting at your desk and you see one or five people huddled around me laughing hysterically at my wild stories and anecdotes and you want to get in on the fun. I get it, I really do. But could you please just quietly stand behind the group and immerse yourself in my tales and adventure and whimsical satire? But NO! You want to steal valuable attention from me by screaming "why don't you do some work?! :)" Now after you've left, there's an awkward silence and we all give each other the "well, I guess I'll get back to work now" look. I don't have time to start my long winded stories over at a later date in time. I actually am very busy- well, no that's not true. But I get annoyed very easily, so that's the same thing.

1 comment:

jess said...

I'll leave the requisite "Why don't you do some work instead of writing this post? :)" comment.