Sunday, October 19, 2008

What a game!

So I surprised Jess with Ranger tickets on Friday. She loved them. I met up with her at a bar with JB and we had a shot and a couple of drinks before I decided to give her the good news. I got her a Ranger hat so she had something authentic to wear. That's just me being awesome.

The game was sick! I must admit, the crowd was a tad fucking lame, but as we headed towards OT, they picked up. There was one point where it looked like the referees wanted to fuck us... hard. We should have scored a goal, but the puck actually hit the far post, ran across the line, hit the other post and bounced out. The replay showed that the puck never crossed the line (that's what she said).

The game didn't get going until the 3rd quarter. There were a couple of real close shots but it was 0-0 going into OT. But this team would't quit. Kudos.

The game went into a shootout which is common for me. No kidding, I've been to 5 hockey games in the last year... and all 5 have gone into shoot-outs. Here's a side note- the team I was rooting for have won all 5. The chances of getting a shootout is probably 1-10 but the last 5 games I've gone to have ended in shoot-outs. So it's the opposite situation I have for the Mets.

After the game I met up with JB and we went out to the bar for a night cap. Well, Jess got too fucked up (you're welcome) and we had to bounce. We still got home at a reasonable time and kept drinking. Standard Friday, ladies and gentlemen. Saturday was pretty standard and I stayed home. I think I felt my liver trying to escape...

Anyway, let's go Giants, Rangers, Jets, Rays, or anyone who wins the AL. I'm just serious.

No comments: