Sunday, October 5, 2008

Uncle Bryan


I went to go see Brian, Lana and Arlowe this weekend. Obviously, Jess and I wanted to see the baby but we also went up to celebrate a belated birthday to Schultz. We had a couple of drinks and just sat around bullshitting. I know I'm a sentimental guy but my favorite times are just sitting around with real good friends, drinking beers.

It was a little weird for me when he handed me Arlowe and called me "uncle Bryan" simply because I never saw myself as ever being an uncle. But it was pretty cool- uncomfortable at first, but then I really warmed up to the idea. Babysitting is out of the question but I can do the birthday present and occasional "my dad just doesn't understand me" convo... (although chances are that if Schultz doesn't get it, neither do it. But I'll pretend...)


No comments: